Wednesday 8 October 2014

Leafs suck

Not what the title leads you to expect, although as I write this very sentence I form in my mind another moment from today causing it to be of great relevance.

No headache today, Wednesday, so I went on a little excursion. I can't remember what I did yesterday so it can't have been very exciting. Perhaps it never happened. Oh I went to the supermarket and bought some food. That's right, I managed to turn a trip to the supermarket into a day. My entire day was my trip to the supermarket. What a spastic I am. Admittedly, it was a fairly productive evening on the whole 'try talking to people instead of being a miserable c**t your whole life' front. (Bleeped it out for you :p.)

I was reading my book when Caroline and Stewart (the British) came in and we chatted for a good while. She's lovely. 

(As a side note, this blog is a horrible and terrible beast that will one day come back to rip my insides out. As I continue to mention more and more attractive girls from my actual life, the chance of catastrophe increases. It's not as though I'm mentioning, in passing, a famous actress or something. That's normally acceptable. But to continue to comment on all these real people? Someone is going to end up seeing this and thinking I'm a right pervert. You lot are ok, you already know me. But god forbid someone who thinks I'm normal eyes this crap.)

So we ended up all cooking our pasta dinners together. I know right, I done a cooking. It was literally just:
pasta
Tomato and basil sauce

I though 'fuck, slow down, basil?' Don't run before you can walk. 
No in all seriousness, it was actually alright. 

We went back to the room and watched ted. I fucking hate that feeling when you're watching a film and the people with you don't laugh at funny parts. It literally hurt to hold in my laughs. I had to ease them out slowly whenever they laughed, like a huge fart you're worried will blow a wall out. You let it out a parp at a time, ever slightly reducing that incredible pain in your stomach.

I got Caroline's Facebook and told them I'd be around next Friday if they're about for a drink/meal. I now have to find a way to stay around next Friday. For more context, they left this morning to go to Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec and then back to Toronto for Friday.

Finally back to today, which was my original thought train. I went for my little trip around Toronto looking for the air Canada centre to check out the leafs store. That's the hockey team. I walked for a good 3 hours today I would guess. I left around twelve, found the air Canada centre around 2 I think and didn't stop walking until I got back. I really wanted a sweater in the style of a hockey jersey... but they had none I liked. On the way back I got attacked by a leafstorm as it got windier and windier. Once home I popped out and got a subway. That doesn't count as junk food so you can all do one.

I got in and read some more of my book. I began thinking about how yet another day was wasted on inactivity based on interactivity (oh yeah), when Shehab (formerly known as ash) comes in and says he heard about some event. I had already been told by Mike about it and wandered around it earlier whilst roaming the city. The road had been closed and stalls set up. The screens and nf stage were set up in the square itself called Dundas square on the corner of Yonge and Dundas.
"They're showing the first Toronto maple leafs hockey game on big screens"  I said.
"Wanna go?"
"Sure," I reply casually. Now my philosophy so far in life has been 'sit on yer arse and it will come to you'. I really wanted to change that mindset when travelling to meet new people. Hadn't put much effort in though... my old mindset appears to be working fine though.

We headed down there and it was packed. Managed to grab free oh Henry! bar (what a name) and free scarves! I love free stuff. Free hat? Sure it looks shit, but it's free. Free. 

We got caught in a scrum of people and stood for a while until less patient people just started barging through. Everyone just started moving again and we ended up in Dundas square at quite a good spot to view the biggest screen. All I could think of was chief wiggums', "the harder you push the faster we all get out people."


We watched the maple leafs vs. Montreal canadiens on big screens. Saw a band play during one of the breaks. I think they were called the tragically hip. They were a bit country rock. Leafs lost.

We got Burger King (damn it -.- ) and went back to the hostel. I went down to the kitchen and caught Juan speaking Spanish to two Argentinian girls. We chatted for a while and eventually Juan left. I made my excuse and followed suit. Nevertheless, I have done what before had seemed like a distant dream; I interacted with people outside of my room for longer than 5 minutes.

Leafs suck. So do leaves. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment