Monday 13 October 2014

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was Sunday 12th October. Today is Monday 13th. Thanksgiving for Canadians. Everything is closed and it's a bank holiday.

Yesterday Ben went to work all day so I sat around on the iPad sending out more requests and relaxing after Friday/Saturday shenanigans. 

We went for dim sum with a couple of guys Ben knew through c.s. One was a friend of someone he had hosted and the other was that guy's colleague. Anatol and Clemence. Food was ok but I can't use chopsticks to save my life. Asked for a fork.
Afterwards we went to a place called 'Castle'. It's a coffeeshop/cafe where they have a ton of board games and you play them... obviously.

We played cards against humanity. Very amusing. 
Saboteur. Would be amazing with more than 4 people but it was ok. 
Flux. This game is the shit. Easy to play and really engaging. Definitely enjoyed that the most.

Today we went and grabbed some lunch from Korea town. Just before, we watched Scott pilgrim. This is because a majority of the film was shot in there area. I saw lots of different places which were used as film sets but I forgot my camera. 

Must make a mental note: I no longer have a sister around to take photos of stuff for me. 

We later went for dinner with a Korean guy who is travelling using couchsurfing. He had apparently been without money for the past 12 days, relying on people giving him lifts and handouts. I have to say I admired his bravery. 19 years old and travelling in a foreign country with little English. It was a bit awkward because they spoke Korean for quite a bit since, as I said, had little English. I had a very filling dumpling soup.

After dinner we headed to another board games cafe. It was good because we played games that didn't rely on much talking. Strategy and reaction based games. It was a good laugh.

Tomorrow I am leaving Ben and heading to stay with Sarah for a bit. Hope her couch is comfy!

Been texting Argentina as well so maybe I'll have something to do instead of lying around sending couchsurfing requests. 

The next guy I'm staying with looks like a real sweetheart; I can't wait to see his caravan. He mentioned something about only having one bed but I'm sure he just means he only has one SPARE bed... right?



No comments:

Post a Comment