Thursday 18 September 2014

Airport joys

I don't think I can express just how enjoyable airports are. All the sitting around waiting to then sit around and wait in a different part of the building is beyond all my wildest dreams. Having said that, I am coming round to the idea of 'people' in general, which is convenient as I'll be having to spend time with them soon enough. I even managed to smile at someone just now. Through check in without fuss besides mum being frisked down. She does look the type to be smuggling a wad of crack up her bum.

Sat in terminal 2 waiting for an hour, before boarding even thinks about popping up on the little screen. Bliss. Although it does allow for some excellent people watching time. Yes I see you there strangely attractive woman with a twitch. Good morning unreasonably miserable sales assistant. Hello adorable elderly couple attempting to use the touchscreen technology downstairs. Life is good. I've a bottle of water and 45 minutes of free internet - couldn't ask for more. Here is my view for the next hour or so. 



Having left the house I figure there's no point worrying about leaving anything behind. I have my passport and boarding pass... Anything else can be bought along the way. No need to panic about my luggage anymore. As long as I take it day by day I'll be fine. Next hurdle will be when it comes to embarking on my solo journey. With my new philosophy in mind, two week holiday here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment