Monday 29 September 2014

Go Gens Go!

I thought I had posted this already but it disappeared so I've reposted.

Day 10

In the afternoon today Patty and Nick had family round for a gathering. They do it a few times a year and on major holidays. It was a bit weird... bit awkward. Everyone was very nice though. Lots of people asked me about my trip and where/how I was travelling. It was an incredibly hot day and I ended up sweating balls without realising it. I'd been slow roasting myself on a sun lounger. 

In the evening we went to the first home game of the Oshawa Generals. It was excellent. All you could ask from a hockey game. Fast paced action, 4-0 to the Generals, a fight and delicious refreshment after the second third. Brilliant atmosphere there. We watched the 'immortalisation' ceremony of John Tavares, as his number was retired as a mark of respect for his achievements. He's the same age as me which is a bit of a downer. Did get a bit boring after a while but I guess it was cool to be there to witness something like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment