Saturday 6 September 2014

Getting shit done

And I didn't even go shopping last time. What a joke.

Such a great feeling to be able to write down all the progress I've made in preparation. It may not look like a great deal when read, however to me it feels like huge leaps towards feeling ready to embark on my travels.

- Vaccination appointment made for next week. This gives me two weeks to get a two course cycle of vaccines if the nurse thinks its worth doing. If not, the woman on the phone made me feel fairly relaxed about the situation and I'll get the necessary ones at any rate.

- What I'm taking. I've been researching backpacks and am close to making a decision on what to get. I think I've narrowed it down to this one or this one. I'll be creating a packing list for myself based on the info in the website I found previously along with some serious thought into where I'll be going and what I'll be doing. 

- Credit Card sorted. 0% on withdrawals and payments abroad. Happy days. Just need to remember to sort the balance each month and avoid the costs. 

- U.S travel researched and confirmed. So I'm fairly confident, from what I've read, that If I just state my true intentions I should be good to go. Canada appears to allow me to stay up to 6 months before I'd need some kind of authorised paperwork. Smashing. I'll take cold weather clothes just in case. When I've had enough of Canada I can travel to the U.S without an ESTA as I am travelling from Canada and not flying in from the U.K. I just need to provide proof I can afford to stay and that I'll be leaving afterwards.

- Signed up for couchsurfing. Although that is as far as I've got with it so far, I am fairly sure it will come in handy when I am away. Check it out. 

- Remembered Car tax and insurance. This is more of a reminder to myself. I can't forget to cancel my car insurance and tax (getting the money back) before I leave.

- Travel insurance. Must get this sorted. I reckon they'll dick me about because I don't know specifically where I'm going and for how long. We shall see...

Now I'm just getting panicked by the thought I have forgotten to consider something crucial. Whilst everything is falling into place I can't shake the feeling that there is something I've forgotten.




No comments:

Post a Comment